"Get a concrete."
That's what noah of Chowhound told me to do. So I did just that. En route to the airport, I made a quick stop at Ted Drewes for some frozen custard. At first I made my way to the other location but apparently (so I was told) that was not the place to go. The place to go is the Ted Drewes on Chippewa.
Sure enough, everyone and their gangs were there, lining up under the midwestern sun for some cold frozen custard.
Confused with all the choices and toppings and running out of time, I went simple with a Chocolate concrete. We were sharing so I got a large.
Whenever your order is ready, they will flip it over before handing it to you to show you that it doesn't fall. Because it's, you know, concrete.
I, however, just had to take a photo. A photo of it flipped over but not falling. Because that would be so cool. So I got my creamy chocolate concrete.
Got my camera ready, posed for my companion to take a photo, flipped it over .... and FLOP.
Well, half of it did :(
Note to self: 1) Don't wait too long before flipping it over. Even concretes melt. 2) Get a small next time. It'll probably hold up better.
As for the other half, it was all you'd ever want from a frozen custard. Thick, creamy, smooth. Even the weather was perfect for a cold treat. So if you're in St Louis, get a concrete.
Ted Drewes Frozen Custard (St. Louis Hills)
6726 Chippewa St
St Louis, MO 63109
Tuesday, July 21, 2009
"Get a concrete."
- ► 2015 (95)
- ► 2014 (188)
- ► 2013 (158)
- ► 2012 (147)
- ► 2011 (191)
- ► 2010 (190)
- Baja Media Trip: First Night in Tijuana. Tacos and...
- Recipe: Steamed Mussels in Curry Broth (CulinaryCo...
- Late Night Taco Run in Pasadena: El Taquito
- The Baja Dining Experience: Tijuana/Ensenada Guide...
- The Last Los Angeles Winery and Wines from Down Un...
- STL: A Cup of Conrete at Ted Drewes
- Melisse Anniversary: 10 Years, 10 Dishes
- The Eastside of Food Events: East LA Meets Napa
- Upcoming Events! (or, What I'll Miss While in New ...
- Sushi on Sunset (Press Tasting)
- In Search of a Taste of Home: IndoKitchen
- Petrossian is Revived. More than just Caviar
- Fooddigger at Ludobites:"Pushing the Boundaries"
- Save the Date! East LA Meets Napa on July 10
- ▼ July (14)
- ► 2008 (133)