Saturday, February 8, 2014

PizzaRev Brings DIY Pizzas to Van Nuys

By: guest blogger @iam_robot

If you spend much time in the busy intersection of Van Nuys/ Burbank Blvd, you have probably run out of lunch options. For me, once a week trip to Chipotle or Jersey Sub is probably more than enough & after a while, everything on the menu tastes the same.
Interior2
Tucked in a busy strip mall with mom and pop businesses & other fast food joints, PizzaRev officially opened their Van Nuys location last Friday.

With its hip & modern décor, PizzaRev is offering artisanal pizza where you get to pick your own ingredients for an all-inclusive $7.99 (there are some premium ingredients that come with an extra charge)!
Classic Options
Less than the cost of a fancy cocktail! They also have suggested combinations listed on the board.

Think about it like Subway or Chipotle, they have an assembly line where friendly and attentive staffs make the pizza in front of you. You choose your dough, sauce and ingredients then they bake your pizza in this huge stainless steel oven. And the best part about it: it didn’t take them that long to bake my pizza. I went to fill up my drink & before I had the chance to sit down, they were already calling my name.
Meat Ingredients
For my pizza, I chose red (marinara) sauce with buffalo milk mozzarella, feta, heaps of garlic, olive oil, basil, sun-dried tomatoes, spicy pepperoni & crispy bacon. At first glimpse, I thought the pizza looks like a good portion. Depending on your ingredients, I think this is enough to feed two. The crust is thin, crunchy with slight charred around the edges. The marinara sauce is nothing special but it’s not overly tangy & it has a subtle sweetness to it. The cheese came out gooey (just the way I like it) & it holds all the ingredients pretty well. In the end, I devoured my pizza in less than 5 minutes. I thought I had a good combo there.
Finished Product
Condiments
Overall, I enjoyed my dining experience here. Not only this is a good bang for your buck, I love their attention to details:
  • People with certain diet/ allergies could opt for gluten free dough or vegan cheese.
  • Toppings are plentiful (though they need to have Habanero there).
  • They have all kinds of condiments here: Tabasco, Tapatio, Sriracha, Red Chili Flakes, Oregano, Parmesan Cheese, etc.
  • They have classic options for people who are too lazy to make their own pizza
  • Sodas are plentiful (I didn’t know Fanta Zero exists till today)
Will be coming back for more!

0 comments:

Gourmet Pigs   © 2008. Template Recipes by Emporium Digital

TOP