Sunday, March 1, 2015

Kennedy's On The Square (Harvard Square, Cambridge, MA)

Kennedy's On The Square is a popular tavern in Harvard Square. The decor sticks to the name, with JFK-related photos and memorabilia on the walls.

Kennedys
They've recently launched a new menu and invited a bunch of local bloggers to try it.
Kennedy's
Between more than a dozen of us, we tried quite a bit of food. Here are some of my favorites from the menu:
Smoky meatballs with house-aged ground beef, veal, pork, sun-dried marinara, shaved parmesan ($11)
Kennedys
I liked the texture of the meatballs and the sauce, though I could use a bit more of the promised smokiness. Surprisingly, my favorite starter was the Lamb chili, onions, peppers, hard cider, feta, scallions ($8)
Kennedys

Hearty, flavorful, I felt it was just what I needed on these cold winter nights! The feta added a nice touch. Another blogger ordered this and I only had a taste, but I wish I had ordered my own bowl. Next time!

For the entree, I ordered the Grass-fed aged rib eye (from Maine Family Farms) with truffled red bliss mashed potatoes, grilled asparagus, demi glace ($28)
Rib Eye

The meat and sauce was good, though they overcooked the steak a bit. I think this would've been great if it had been a proper medium rare. If you want a nice piece of steak, try ordering it a temperature down?

Lobster Roll (fresh Maine lobster, Romaine lettuce, chipotle orange dressing, $20)
Kennedys
I tried a bit of the lobster roll and thought it was done well. The bun was nicely toasted and the lobster was cooked just right. The chipotle orange dressing gave it an extra kick but didn't overwhelm the more subtle flavor of the lobster.

Kennedy's on the Square
15 Dunster St
Cambridge, MA 02138
(617) 497-0900
http://kennedysonthesquare.com/
Kennedy's on the Square on Urbanspoon

0 comments:

Gourmet Pigs   © 2008. Template Recipes by Emporium Digital

TOP