Tuesday, October 25, 2016

From Lunch to Jazz, Beat Brasserie is a Crowd Please Any Time of Day

Beat Brasserie was already a popular spot in Harvard Square, known for its live jazz music and drinks, accompanied by some great food. But recently, Beat Brasserie also opened its doors for lunch on weekdays, adding another great option for nearby workers and students to grab a bite during the day.
Beat Brasserie
The restaurant is much quieter during weekday lunches than during live jazz sessions, of course, which means it would be good for a working lunch as well.

I recently tried the lunch and started with an appetizer of Fried Rhode Island calamari, vegetable frito misto, green goddess dressing ($13.50)
Beat Brasserie
Instead of the traditional heavy calamari plate, I liked that this was more like a salad.

For lunch entrees they have some overlap with the dinner menu, like the bowls and burgers, but they also have a quiche of the day, tuna nicoise salad, and others. The day I dined there for lunch, they had a rabbit pasta on the menu.
Beat Brasserie
The pasta was delicious and it was a good lighter option for lunch as well.

There was a small menu of cocktails for lunch (although the full beer and wine list is still available), with drinks like this Honey Crisp (Domaine Chandon Brut, apple brandy, apple cider, Burlesque bitters, $13.50)
Beat Brasserie
Prime natural beef hamburger, port wine aioli, crispy fried onions, frites ($16) - here shown with gorgonzola cheese added ($+1)
Beat Brasserie
My friend had ordered the burger, and although I didn't try it, it sure looked good and he enjoyed it.

On both the lunch and dinner menu, Beat has an "Earthly Delight Bowl" section which offers healthy grain and vegetable bowls and you choice of protein topping. On another visit to Beat, I had tried the Sol Azteca topped with seared salmon. This bowl has Adobo-spiced quinoa, tomatillo salsa, corn, avocado, squash, green beans, and baby spinach ($14.50 + $5 for seared salmon)
Beat Brasserie
I really liked all the bold flavors in this bowl, and the salmon was also nicely cooked with crisped skin. I would definitely order this again, although I also look forward to trying other bowls.

Banana bread pudding was obviously the most tempting item on the menu for me, considering I actually ordered it on both of my visits!
Beat Brasserie
In the evening, Beat is a popular destination for casual drinks.
Beat Brasserie
Many people come here to enjoy the live jazz, and rightly so. They tend to have some great musicians play at this venue. You can see the upcoming performance schedule on their calendar.
Beat Brasserie

Beat Brasserie
13 Brattle St
Cambridge, MA 02138
(617) 499-0001
http://www.beatbrasserie.com/
Beat Brasserie Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

Disclosure: the lunch visit was hosted, I paid my own way for my dinner visit

0 comments:

Gourmet Pigs   © 2008. Template Recipes by Emporium Digital

TOP