Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Easy Pizza and Flatbread with Stonefire's Naan

If you know me, you know I don't cook much at home, but I may start making pizzas more often now ... ?After all, adding toppings and putting it in the oven is super easy, it was always the crust that's the problem! But thanks to Stonefire flatbreads and naans, I've made a couple of tasty pizzas at home!

IMG_7568
 There are many varieties in the Stonefire line, from the original tandoori-baked naan, garlic naan, to a thin crust pizza flatbread (that even comes with a pack of pizza sauce). I just made one with the simple things I liked: mozzarella cheese, sausages, and fresh tomatoes and basil, but if you want to be more creative, there are recipes in the back of the flatbread packages.
IMG_7475
There are directions to heat them up in microwave or oven, but I recommend the oven especially if you're making pizza to get that crispy crust! On my first try I didn't leave it in the oven long enough, but the texture was much better the second time I made it. Evoking Sandra Lee, my semi-homemade pizza made for a great lunch ;-P
You can heat up the naan to eat with some lentils or make your own personal sized flatbread! My favorite of the ones I've tried was the garlic naan. Because it's garlic.
IMG_7476
You may also want to check out their website for recipes, like this good-looking breakfast pizza with runny eggs using the original naan. They also have pita pockets which I have yet to try. All in all, Stonefire's flatbreads and naans are a great option for making a quick meal at home. I certainly plan to use them more now, and maybe even play around with their naan panini recipes!

0 comments:

Gourmet Pigs   © 2008. Template Recipes by Emporium Digital

TOP