Sunday, July 13, 2014

Panini Lunch at CiBOTECA (Santa Monica)

I'm always looking for places near Toyota Santa Monica to kill time whenever I take my car in (since that Toyota location has no wi-fi). During my last service, I walked over to Broadway to the new-ish CiBOTECA, a cafe and marketplace that serves paninis, cold deli items, and desserts.

IMG_2941

I tried two different paninis, starting from the Cotoletta (Veal Milanese, dijon mustard, shaved parmesan, mizuna, $9)
IMG_2946

Crispy veal cutlet between crunchy toasted seed bread!


The Hostaria panini contains slow roasted pork belly and pickled onions ($9)
IMG_2945

This is probably the most popular panini here, and it's a decadent bite. I loved the fatty pork belly combined with the pickled onion, though a whole sandwich of this may be a little rich for me. It's still worth a try.

The pastry chef here is the same as Piccolo's (both restaurants are owned by the same management).
IMG_2936

Yukari Kamiya infuses Japanese flavors to various classic desserts, like this Green tea tiramisu or the black sesame macaron.
IMG_2947

CiBOTECA is a nice casual spot in a quiet part of Santa Monica for a quick meal. Or hang out for coffee and desserts - there's free wifi in the restaurant.


CiBOTECA
606 Broadway
Santa Monica, CA 90401
(310) 458-3366
www.ciboteca.com/
Ciboteca on Urbanspoon

0 comments:

Gourmet Pigs   © 2008. Template Recipes by Emporium Digital

TOP