Friday, November 4, 2011

Foie Friday #3: Seared Foie Gras, Eggplant at Orris

This week's foie dish is an old time favorite of mine, and a relatively inexpensive one at that.

The Seared Foie Gras with Eggplant and Sweet Soy Wasabi Sauce at Chef Hideo Yamashiro's Orris is not always on the menu, though often appears on the specials and I always order it when I see it. I don't remember the price, but it is certainly much cheaper than its counterparts at fine dining establishments.

The lobe of foie is pan seared and the soft eggplant underneath added to the buttery, silky texture. Instead of the typical fruit for the sweet sauce, Chef Yamashiro adds his Japanese influence with a sweet soy reduction, and it's pretty amazing!

So, I'm running low on foie dishes. If you've encountered a great one recently, do let me know!

1 comments:

Fritos and Foie Gras

Well, that looks just unreal! The last time I was in LA, I had the excellent foie gras at Animal - sweet, savory and served over a biscuit, it is absolutely some of the best foie I have had!

Gourmet Pigs   © 2008. Template Recipes by Emporium Digital

TOP